Misuse of Conjunctions


Incorrect
Correct
1.      Unless you don’t try you will fail.
Unless you try you with fail.
2.      Wait here until I do not come.
Wait here until I come.
3.      Don’t go there unless you are not invited.
Don’t go there unless you are invited.
4.      He asked me that why I was absent.
He asked me why I was absent.
5.      No sooner had the train arrived when we got down.
No sooner had the train arrived than we got down.
6.      Hardly had I reached the station than the train started.
Hardly had I reached the station when the train started.
7.      He read hard because he might pass.
He read hard so that he might pass.
8.      Now so that you have come you will relieve me.
Now that you have come you will relieve me.
9.      Men work because they may earn a living.
Men work so that they may earn a living.
10.  I want such a man whom I can trust.
I want such a man as I can trust.
11.  Ten years passed since my father died.
Ten years have passed since my father died.

No comments:

Post a Comment