Errors of omission in the use of Articles


Incorrect
Correct


1        Let us go out for walk.
  Let us go out for a walk.
2        Never tell lie.
  Never tell a lie.
3        Always speak truth.
  Always speak the truth.
4        I gave him hundred taka.
  I gave him a hundred taka.
5        I took short sleep.
  I took a short sleep.
6        The vacation has come to close.
  The vacation has come to a close.
7        This is slip of tongue.
  This is a slip of the tongue.
8        This is slip of pen.
  This is a slip of pen.
9        I caught him by hand.
  I caught him by the hand.
10    Starvation stares me in face.
  Starvation stares me in the face.
11    She speaks English like English.
  She speaks English like the English.
12    U.S.A. consists of fifty two states.
  The U.S.A. consists of fifty two states.
13    I have got headache.
  I have got a headache.
14    He is rogue.
  He is a rogue.
15    Don’t make noise.
  Don’t make a noise.
16    I have spent lot of money.
  I have spent a lot of money.
17    This man is coward.
  This man is a coward.
18    Poor are born to suffer.
  The poor are both to suffer.
19    Pen is mightier than sword.
  The Pen is mightier than the sword.
20    She is in temper.
  She is in a temper.
21    I read Quran every morning.
  I read the Quran every morning.
22    It is quarter to two.
  It is a quarter to two.
23    Of the two brothers he is wiser.
  Of the two brothers he is the wiser.
24    I went there in hurry.
  I went there in a hurry.
25    Neither borrower nor lender be.
  Neither a borrower nor a lender be.
26    Bay of Bengal is to south of Bangladesh.
  The Bay of Bengal is to the south of                Bangladesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment