Errors in the use of Nouns.


Incorrect
Correct
1        Give me some blotting.
Give me some blotting paper.
2        He lives in the boarding.
He lives in the boarding house.
3        He is my elder.
He is my elder brother.
4        I shall go to yours.
I shall go to your house.
5        I received yours of the 10th instant.
I received your letter of the 10th instant.
6        I shall buy some fruits, things.
I shall buy some fruits, a pen and other.
7        I went to Dhaka, Chittagong, Sylhet and other placer.
I went to Dhaka, Chittagong, Sylhet and others.
8        I wrote him yesterday.
I wrote him a letter yesterday.
9        I have an urgent business.
I have an urgent piece of business.
10    He is my cousin brother.
He is my cousin.
11    Reba is my cousin sister.
Reba is my cousin.
12    I bought this ring from the jeweler’s shop.
I bought this ring from the jewelers.
13    There is no place in the bench.
There is no room in the bench.
14    This pen cost me fifty money.
This pen cost me fifty taka.
15    I have no money in my hand today.
I have no money in my pocket today.
16    I saw a few females there.
I saw a few women there.
17    The female students are small in number.
The girl students are small in number.
18    I have applied for free-ship.
I have applied for free-studentship.
19    Quote this poem from heart.
Quote this poem from memory.
20    Learn this by memory.
Learn this by heart.
21    He has come this day morning.
He has come this morning.
22    We shall meet today night.
We shall meet tonight.
23    He gave me fooding and lodging.
He gave me food and lodging.
24    The fooding charge is very high.
The food charge is very high.
25    He gave false witness.
He gave false evidence.
26    He took insult at my word.
He took offence of my word.
27    I bought a quantity   of books.
I bought a number of books.
28    Keep association with good boys.
Keep company with good boys.
29    The weather of Cox’s Bazar is healthy.
The climate of Cox’s Bazar is healthy.
30    The climate is foul today.
The weather is foul today.
31    Good night, how are you?
Good evening, how are you?
32    You are a man of business.
You are a man of action.
33    We enjoyed the theatre.
We enjoyed the play.
34    This is a true fact.
This is a fact.
35    It is a nice poetry.
It is a nice poem.
36    Napoleon was defeated in the war of Waterloo.
Napoleon was defeated in the battle of waterloo.
37    I have a private business with you.
I have a private piece of business with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment