Errors in the use of Number


Incorrect
Correct
1        His circumstance is bad.
His circumstances are bad.
2        He has obtained full mark in mathematics.
He has obtained full marks in mathematics.
3        No pain was spared to save his life.
No pains were spared to save his life.
4        I have read the work of tagore.
I have read the works of tagore.
5        He feels out of sort.
He feels out of sorts.
6        Md. Haque is a man of letter.
Md. Haque is a man of letters.
7        I am fond of vegetable.
I am fond of vegetables.
8        Three –fourth of the work is done.
Three–fourths of the work is done.
9         Three –fourth of the men of dead.
Three–fourths of the men of dead.
10    The good of this shop is of inferior quality.
The goods of this shop are of inferior quality.
11    No order has yet been passed.
No orders have yet been passed.
12    His air of superiority has made him unpopular.
His airs of superiority have made him unpopular.
13    The manner of the boy is not satisfactory.
The manners of the boy are not satisfactory.
14    He wore a pair of spectacle.
He wore a pair of spectacles.
15    He is out of spirit.
He is out of spirits.
16    I have good furnitures
I have good furniture.
17    I have got the informations.
I have got the information.
18    There are pains all over his body.
There are pain all over his body.
19    The sceneries of Rangamati are  charming.
The scenery of Rangamati is charming.
20    Cattles are grazing in the field.
Cattle are grazing in the field.
21    The wages of sin are death.
The wages of sin is death.
22    The news are bad.
The news is bad.
23    Mathematics are my favorite subject.
Mathematics is my favorite subject.
24    Mr. Rahman is a man of words.
Mr. Rahman is a man of word.
25    Give me two dozens of egg.
Give me two dozen of egg.
26    The sheeps are healthy.
The sheep are healthy.
27    He killed two deers.
He killed two deer.
28    My son has learnt the alphabets.
My son has learnt the alphabet.
29    The machineries of this factory are not good.
The machinery of this factory is not good.
30    This house is made of bricks.
This house is made of brick.
31    Chairs made of woods are costly.
Chairs made of wood are costly.
32    Five hundred taka are good sum.
Five hundred taka is a good sum.
33    One thousand miles are a great distance.
One thousand miles is a great distance.
34    He gave me many good advices.
He gave me much good advices.

No comments:

Post a Comment