Errors of omission of verbs


Incorrect
Correct
1.      He said me a liar.
He called me a liar.
2.      He told me a fool.
He called me a fool.
3.      He can talk English fluently.
He can speak English fluently.
4.      Columbus invented America.
Columbus discovered America.
5.      Marconi discovered wireless.
Marconi invented wireless.
6.      He gave a visit to our house.
He paid a visit to our house.
7.      Cut this word.
Pen through this word.
8.      I saw a bad dream last night.
I dreamt a bad dream last night.
9.      I wish I was dead.
I wish I were dead.
10.  A deaf man can’t listen to anything.
A deaf man can’t hear anything.
11.  Mr. tauhid gave a good speech.
Mr. tauhid made a good speech.
12.  See the word in the dictionary.
Look up the word in the dictionary.
13.  The doctor saw the pulse of the patient.
The doctor felt the pulse of the patient.
14.  He will see my papers.
He will look over my papers.
15.  He always says the truth.
He always speaks the truth.
16.  He refused his fault.
He denied his fault.
17.  He denied to help me.
He refused to help me.
18.  He admitted his fault.
He confessed his fault.
19.  The boy sank in the river.
The boy was drowned in the river.
20.  The boat drowned in the river.
The boat sank in the river.
21.  You did a sin.
You committed a sin.
22.  He made a goal.
He scored a goal.
23.  I took my admission to this college.
I got myself admission to this college.
24.  He shall give B.A. Examination this year.
He shall appear at B.A. Examination this year.
25.  The boy took his birth in noble a family.
The boy was born in a noble family.
26.  He has got first division marks.
He has obtained first division marks.
27.  I suspect his honesty.
I doubt his honesty.

No comments:

Post a Comment