Errors of omission of Adjective


Incorrect
Correct
1        I am ill of flattery.
I am sick of flattery.
2        I am sick of fever.
I am ill of fever.
3        I have a strong headache.
I have a bad headache.
4        He gave me a truthful report.
He gave me a true report.
5        I feel somewhat uneasy.
I feel out of sorts.
6        He is a famous thief.
He is a notorious thief.
7        He is my sworn friend.
He is my fast (bosom) friend.
8        He is my fast enemy.
He is my sworn enemy.
9        The book is worth while reading.
The book is worth reading.
10    I was astonished at his childish simplicity.
I was astonished at his childlike simplicity.
11    Jewel is devoted to drinking.
Jewel is addicted to drinking.
12    Rahman is addicted to studies.
Rahman is devoted to studies.
13    The future prospects of these boys are bright.
The prospects of these boys are bright.
14    Whole  Bangladesh  mourns  his death.
The whole of Bangladesh mourns his death.
15    This is the most unique case.
This is the unique case.
16    This is more preferable than that.
This is preferable to that.
17    He is more senior to you.
He is senior to you.
18    She is an imaginary type of girl full of strange dreams and fancies.
She is an imaginative type of girl full of dreams and fancies.
19    He has got passable marks.
He has got pass marks.
20    I have less books than you.
I have fewer books than you.
21    No less than fifty men were present.
No fewer than fifty men were present.

No comments:

Post a Comment