Wrong use of Words


Incorrect
Correct
1.      I was appointed as captain.
I was appointed captain.
2.      David Copperfield is the universal favorite of all the boys.
David Copperfield is the universal favorite of the boys.
3.      He is comparatively better today.
He is better today.
4.      He returned back to the town.
He returned to the town.
5.      The reason of his absence is due to his illness.
The reason of his absence is his illness.
6.      I shall go by the 3.30 O’clock train.
I shall go by 3.30 train.
7.      My health is better than that of yours.
My health is better than yours.
8.      Your necessity is greater than that of mine.
Your necessity is greater than mine.
9.      He can not meet with his expense.
He can not meet his expense.
10.  A few number of boys took part in the competition.
A few boys took part in the competition.
11.  He picked up a quarrel.
He picked a quarrel.
12.  A little number of boys were present.
A small number of boys were present.
13.  This is more preferable than that.
This is preferable to that

No comments:

Post a Comment